Write of Passage by David Perell
Discount 20% if your total cart over $150
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Fast and forever download link
- Secure Payments
- Reupload FREE
Write of Passage. Accelerate Your Career By Writing Online
The Write of Passage Promise
You will learn a step-by-step method for publishing quality content and distributing your ideas to your professional network, leading to unexpected opportunities and increased serendipity in your work and life.
Background: Write of Passage
In Write of Passage, you will develop a systematic process for cultivating ideas, distilling them into writing, and sharing them with the people who can make the biggest difference in your career.
By the time you finish the course, you will have published a series of insightful articles, built a professional website, launched an email newsletter, learned how to use these assets to connect with anyone on the planet, and developed a framework for uniquely framing your expertise and skills.
You’ll transform from a passive consumer to an active creator, and escape the “Mediocre Majority” of people who endlessly consume without ever producing. The content you produce will become an asset that you own. It will work for you 24/7, and become a magnet for like-minded people, interesting ideas, and career opportunities.
Writer’s block will be a thing of the past. You’ll know exactly how to work with and move past the fears and anxieties that keep so many people from sharing what they’ve written. The time it takes you to write something of quality will plummet, dramatically increasing the return-on-investment of your time. Instead of not having anything to say, you’ll have too much to say.
It doesn’t matter whether you are writing internally at your company, building an online business, or networking among industry peers – Write of Passage will give you with the tools to reach, educate, and connect with your target audience. Writing effectively will be your competitive advantage.
In school we learned an outdated, ineffective method of writing. We were taught to follow an arbitrary set of requirements. Our teachers told us to pad our writing to reach a minimum length, and to use flowery vocabulary completely foreign to our everyday lives. I am going to help you unlearn all of that, and adopt a results-focused approach to writing.
Is This Course for You?
Write of Passage is for anyone who wants to…
Publish quality content on a consistent basis. I’ll teach you a systematic approach to collecting insights and turning them into content on a consistent basis
Build a following that brings you personal and professional opportunities. Your followers will help you find excellent opportunities, including jobs, projects, clients, and sales.
Create intellectual assets that grow in value over time. Your writing will grow into a body of work with a coherent purpose, not just a series of one-off posts.
Connect directly with peers, colleagues, and leaders in your industry. I’ll show you how to use your writing as an introduction to the most interesting people in your industry.
Boost your influence in your field, organization or industry. I’ll show you how to build a reputation as the top authority in your field using evergreen content.
Increase the serendipity and opportunity in your life. Create a life of more surprise, potential, and excitement by harnessing the full potential of the internet.
“I wish I had a course like David’s when I first started writing. I made every mistake possible with my blog and with a course like this I could have avoided most of that hardship. More importantly though, having a community of like-minded individuals would have helped me immensely in my journey. The ability to share your trials and tribulations with people going through the same thing as you is going to make writing and publishing much easier.”
– Nick Maggiulli, Data Scientist and Investment Blogger at “Of Dollars and Data.”
Module 1: The Age of Leverage. The rules of the game have changed. The internet now impacts every nook and cranny of the economy. I’ll tell you what this means for you personally and show you how to turn it from a threat into an immense opportunity.
- What to expect: introduction to the course modules, deliverables, templates, and live cohort schedule
- The Promise of the Course: “You will learn a step-by-step method for publishing quality content and distributing your ideas to your professional network, leading to unexpected opportunities and increased serendipity in your work and life.”
- Understanding why we live in The Age of Leverage, and why writing and publishing on the internet is now the best way to accelerate your career
- How the internet has changed the nature of professional relationships, enabling long-lasting, personal connections with like-minded people
- The problems with traditional writing education in an attention-starved environment, and how we are going to unlearn it
Module 2: Make Your Serendipity Vehicle. I’ll give you a new way of thinking about writing, as a “Serendipity Vehicle” that brings a wealth of opportunities into your life. I’ll share my 7 Principles of content creation to help you build a consistent habit of collecting, distilling, and sharing your best ideas. Then, I’ll address four common misconceptions that keep people spinning in circles, not knowing where to start.
- What should you write about? Finding a niche, narrow, and expanding topic
- How to use writing on the internet to develop an intuition about what’s unique or undervalued in your niche
- How to demolish writer’s block by developing an easy, everyday note-taking system
- What the Feynman Method can teach you about cultivating ideas from your everyday experience
- A new perspective on blogs as a filtering mechanism for people, ideas and opportunities
Module 3: Create Your Online Home. We’ll talk about your website, which is your face and your reputation to the world. I’ll give you a clear, step-by-step pathway for making a simple, yet effective professional website so anyone looking for your expertise can find you. Instead of managing technical roadblocks, and getting sucked into the endless spiral of designing and redesigning your website, we’ll focus only on the essentials.
- Building a website that establishes credibility and authority in your industry, without taking too much time
- Attract loyal readers with easy-to-implement strategies in design, messaging, and calls-to-action
- Set up your website with pre-made templates and easy-to-follow walkthroughs
- Owning your name and brand in search engines and social media
Module 4: Set Up Your Distribution System. You’ll set up an email newsletter, a direct communication channel to your audience. You’ll learn to spread ideas in an efficient and repeatable manner that doesn’t take too much time. This distribution system will give you a way to test and improve your ideas even faster, by tapping into the wisdom of crowds.
- Understanding the underrated power of email in an era of social media platforms
- The missing link of blogging: actively distributing your ideas to people that matter, instead of hitting publish and waiting for them to arrive
- A simple three-step template for writing effective email newsletters in just 30 minutes per week
- Step-by-step walkthrough of how to set up your own email newsletter
- Develop a personalized strategy for publishing on social media, while balancing risks and rewards
Module 5: Learn to Write Clearly and Persuasively. You’ll work with your course-mates to develop a writing style that is both unique to you, and that also follows best practices I’ve learned from years of trial and error. The quality of your writing and your thinking will improve in tandem as you adopt a higher standard of rigor. You’ll put these new skills to use immediately. You’ll write 5 articles on your website and send personal updates to the people who matter most to your career.
- 7 Rules for Modern Writing: actionable techniques to deliver an effective message that inspires people to take action
- How to use real-life conversations to notice and test interesting ideas
- How to develop the writing habit and keep yourself on track with a writing plan
- Establishing a simple and repeatable creative process for cultivating ideas, outlining articles, editing your drafts, and publishing them to the right audiences
- Building writing momentum with the 50-5-1 Challenge
Module 6: Connect with Anyone. You’ll put your writing assets to use. To reach out and connect with interesting people who you wouldn’t meet otherwise. Instead of asking to “pick your brain” or “grabbing coffee or a drink” with no particular purpose in mind, you’ll be able to send out your writing ahead of you to prove your credibility and provide context to your conversation. This powerful new take on networking will revolutionize your ability to connect with the people who can make the biggest impact on your career.
- Learn a more efficient and effective alternative to “networking” events
- How to track the critical signals and metrics that matter for online writers
- A collection of proven templates for cold email outreach
- The power of “personal updates” for keeping in touch with friends and colleagues
- How treating your followers like peers, friends, and collaborators can improve your work
Module 7: Build Your Personal Monopoly. You’ll clarify your vision and create a “personal monopoly” – the unique intersection of your knowledge and skills that no one else can compete with. Instead of working ever harder and ever longer, and battling against fierce competitors you’ll carve out a niche where your ideas reign supreme. Because no one can ever replace you at the center of your network, you’ll be able to share everything you learn without fear, knowing that whatever value is created will eventually flow back to you.
- How to permanently shift from seeking “outbound” opportunities to selecting from “inbound” ones
- Why you should focus your attention on specific and growing markets and industries
- How to stand out from competition on the internet without working harder or longer
- The Naked Brands model: how people are becoming brands, and brands are becoming more like people (and what that means for you)
- Establishing authority and building a credible reputation with your personal monopoly
Sales Page: _https://perell.com/write-of-passage-course/